Minneapolis bungalows are small one or 1.5 story homes built in the 1920s and 1930s,and are characterized by horizontal architectural style with low roof angles and frequently have a prominent front porch supported by exposed rafter tails. Bungalows are especially popular in So Mpls neighborhoods like Nokomis, Powderhorn, and Nokomis, but can be found in St. Paul as well.
See ALL Minneapolis bungalows for sale by clicking here. (As available.)
Why Are Bungalows Popular?
Minneapolis bungalows are desired for their narrow plank oak hardwood floors, coved ceilings, plastered walls, built=in buffets, built-in china hutches, and archways that separate the living room from the dining room. Oak pillars are often found built into these archways. These homes have character and are sturdily built– take a look at the thickness of the basement walls, and you will see what I mean. There are also two story style bungalows, often called “semi-bungalows,” and still retain the low-slung horizontal style.
Incoming search terms:
- bungalow styles minnesota
- bungalow for sale minneapolis
- bungalows homes for sale minneapolis
- minneapolis houses built during the 1920s
- minneapolis bungalow for sale
Possibly related posts:
- Charming 20′s Bungalow in Northeast Minneapolis for Sale 2611 Brighton AVe NE Minneapolis MN MLS 3554658 $239,900 Notice:...