Forbes Magazine printed a story in 2005 about Chaska’s forward-thinking wireless internet service and called it “backwater broadband.” The same article called Chaska a “blue collar suburb of Minneapolis.”
View Chaska real estate listings by clicking HERE!
Fast forward to 2007. Money Magazine names Chaska the “8th best place to live.” Residents of Chaska have always celebrated the high quality of life enjoyed here. Forbes Magazine might think Chaska is out in the “sticks.” But Money Magazine has it right. The “clay-hole” that put Chaska on the map for brick production as long since filled up with water and been converted to a city park area. The brick-based local economy has been supplanted by a vibrant business community containing everything from medical equipment to electronics, to light industry and just about every type of commercial endeavor. Now, the city is getting positive national attention. And for good reasons. Here are just a few of them:
- Population: 22,500 (Highway expansion is expected to facilitate further growth)
- Personal crime incidents (per 1,000) = 1
- roperty crime incidents (per 1,000) = 17
- Median commute time (in minutes) = 22.6
- Movie theaters (within 15 miles) 14
- Restaurants (within 15 miles) 1,181
- Median home price $272,932 (includes townhomes, condos, and single family homes)
- Average property taxes (2006) $2,752
- Median family income (per year) $80,140
- Chaska School District 112 students continue to score above state average for all grade levels, as measured by the Minnesota Comprehensive Assessment II (MCA II).
- Many housing options in terms of price and style are available on the Chaska MLS.
Chaska MLS Listings.
According to the Northstar Regional MLS, there are about 270 Chaska MLS listing for sale, including everything from entry level condos in the low 100′s to 1+M luxury new construction by Wooddale builders. There is a very good selection of newer, large 4 bedroom, 3bath, triple garage two story homes in the $400′s.
Possibly related posts:
- Chaska Foreclosures – Chaska MN Bank Owned Homes It is true that a 2007 issue of Money Magazine...