Centex-built townhomes near Target and St. Francis Hospital
Is this the worst time possible to sell? I’m not sure. However, the Shakopee real estate market is awash in townhomes right now.
There are hundreds of side by side townhomes in Providence Point.
Browse all Shakopee MN townhomes currently for sale on the MLS/IDX system.
Just how many townhomes are out there right now? According to the Northstar Shakopee MLS statistics, there are 219 units for sale. This includes all styles, including side by side, twins, quads, all-one-level, and condo style units. Of those the vast majority of them (158) are under 200k. Many of them are vacant, brand new, almost new, and/or facing foreclosure. This might not bode well for sellers, but it makes a great opportunity for would-be townhome buyers! Out of the 219 townhomes for sale, 194 of them are ten years old or less; out of that group 113 are less than five years old!
The average asking price is $194,267, with an average square footage of 1,558 finished, for $124.70 per square foot! Compare this to the cost of single family home living almost anywhere in the metro area! For less than 200k you can get a nice, newer two story side by side townhome on Providence Point with an 18ft ceiling, a 1999 Pulte-built townhome in Weston Ponds, a big 1400 fsf three bedroom two bath two car Klingelhutz-built two-story slab on grade townhome with fireplace, a Novak-Fleck built townhome in Meadows south, across from a park and playground, a number of styles in the new Southbridge neighborhood near 169 and 18, a nice Bright Keys home next to Tahpah Park, a townhome in Shenandoah on the west side of Canterbury, an all-one-level home in a 55+ community, or even a two story with a FULL basement in Dublin Square! A little bit more than 200k you can get a new or newer Ryland European style row house in Savannah Pointe or even a detatched townhome in Southbridge!
Novak Fleck townhomes behind Cub Foods
Detached Novak Fleck townhomes on Lilac.
What have sellers been getting for townhomes this last year? According to the Northstar Regional MLS, 245 Shakopee townhomes sold for an average price of $188,017, with an average size of 1,609 sqsuare feet, at an average of $116.85 per square foot.
Two story townhomes with basements in Dublin Square.
Prairie Bend Klingelhutz built townhomes.
- Top reasons to buy a Shakopee townhome:
- Inventory is extremely high!
- Many sellers are very motivated!
- Most of the inventory is new or newer!
- Fast closing or flexible closing dates are available
- Interest rates are low!
- Zero down financing is available.
- Value in terms of cost per square foot is outstanding!
- Prices are low!
- Prices may never get better!
- Scott County is experiencing rapid population growth! This should make Shakopee a great place to invest!
- The Bloomington Ferry Bridge and Highway 169 make this a very convenient location!
- Shakopee is loaded with amenities, including major shopping at places like Cub, Target, Kohls, numerous restaurants, Gold’s Gym, Community Center, St. Francis Medical Center, and a brand new high school
St. Francis Hospital
Good medical care, but emergency room charges are outrageous!
Good place to shop for groceries, but sometimes the produce is too ripe, especially tomatoes.
Shakopee Community Center. Nice hockey rink. Where is the swimming pool? See if you can find it!
Shakopee High School is under construction.
Rainbow over Shakopee Minnesota
The rapid population growth holds promise for all who purchase Shakopee real estate!
Incoming search terms:
- worst mls photo
- shakopee mn
- shakopee minnesota
- cub foods
Possibly related posts:
- Shakopee MN townhome for sale. $150K! 837 Providence, Shakopee One level end unit Shakopee Minnesota townhome...